- Why is FlightSafety delivering enrichment training via LiveLearning?
- LiveLearning allows us to use our best instructors across the organization to deliver the enrichment training within their area of expertise.
- LiveLearning will provide you greater flexibility in your enrichment training as you can now complete your training from any computer with an internet connection. You no longer need to try to complete this training at the learning center.
- LiveLearning allows our clients who train at smaller centers to have access to the same enrichment courses that are offered by our larger centers.
- I'm a Full Service client. With LiveLearning, will I still receive my enrichment training free of charge?
Yes, Full Service clients will still receive free enrichment training via LiveLearning provided that the training is completed two weeks before/after your scheduled Initial/Recurrent training, or while at the Learning Center where available LiveLearning workstations exist.
- How is LiveLearning different from eLearning?
LiveLearning is instructor-led training over the web and is accessed at a set date and time. eLearning is self-paced training that allows you to login at any time.
- What should I expect from a LiveLearning training session?
LiveLearning is an interactive presentation delivered by an instructor over WebEx. Throughout the presentation, you are encouraged to engage with the courseware, the instructor, and the other learners. You will have the opportunity to answer polls, listen to cockpit recordings, watch videos, and use other interactive features. As several students are expected to be in attendance in LiveLearning training sessions, you will have ample opportunity to share your experiences or learn from other students' experiences.
- Who are some of the instructors that are delivering LiveLearning courses?
Some of the instructors teaching it are people whose classes you have enjoyed for years. As we increase our course catalog, more names will be added. Some of our LiveLearning instructors include:
- Bill Battista (Wilmington) – Weather courses
- Shannon Forrest (DFW/roving instructor) – CRM courses
- Raymond Henson (Wichita-Cessna) – ALAR/CFIT, High Altitude Training
- Johanna Rosser (Orlando) – ALAR/CFIT, CRM 2.0
- Sam Schofield (Wichita-Cessna) – ALAR/CFIT, navigation courses
- What equipment will I need?
If you attend the LiveLearning training at a center, you will not need anything as you will be provided a computer and a headset. If you prefer to complete your training from your home, office, or while on the road, you will need a computer with an internet connection and a headset with microphone, or a telephone (long distance charges will apply).
- What LiveLearning courses are available and when are they offered?
The list of available LiveLearning courses continues to grow, and current schedules and training dates can be found here.
- How can I schedule my LiveLearning training?
You can schedule your LiveLearning enrichment training just like you've scheduled your in-class enrichment training in the past. Simply contact your FlightSafety Learning Center and speak with a Customer Service Representative (CSR). Or, you may contact the LiveLearning group directly at +1.416.638.9313 or LiveLearning@flightsafety.com
- When will the instructor-led enrichment courses be transitioned to LiveLearning?
- MNPS Oceanic
- Precision Runway Monitoring (PRM)
- TAA/US RNAV
- Weather Radar
- How will I receive my Record of Training?
Records of Training are available on myFlightSafety, the same way that flight training records are accessed.